Lesson 5- Migration
- Stories of groups of people who migrated to Australia (including from ONE Asian country) and the reasons they migrated, such as World War II and Australian migration programs since the war (ACHHK115)
- The teacher will begin the lesson with a brainstorm activity of the word “Migration” in order to gather students’ prior knowledge.
- Show students a BTN video about migration called ‘Migration Cuts.’ Students will watch it once and on the second viewing will not down down interesting facts and points in their HSIE books, relating to pro’s and con’s of migration.
- Divide the class in half and prepare for a debate based on positive and negative aspects of migration.
- With their collected data and evidence of pros and cons, students will take turns to raise their points.
- Students will be assessed through observation and arguments raised in terms of the pros and cons of Migration.